The club for runners of all abilities, from those happy to do short distances to those who run marathons and ultras.
On club nights we offer routes of 3, 4, or 5 miles, in groups of various paces and on Tuesdays there is usually the option to try interval/speed training.You are more than welcome to come down and run with us to decideif it’s the club for you.
If you are new to running then we operate beginners courses twice a year, in January and june. Actual start dates will be posted nearer the time.
We’re a friendly club and give plenty of support to all our members – in fact, we’re well-known locally for the high level of encouragement we give to not only our own runners in races, but to other competitors as well.
There’s no pressure to enter races or to take part in any of the club’s events, whether it’s the monthly 5km time trial, the annual club 10km or the summer relay (to name a few). But if you do, you can be sure that you’ll be given plenty of support.
All new members are encouraged to come along on Tuesdays and Thursdays for a few weeks before deciding whether to pay up and join, so you’ve nothing to lose by getting in touch and trying us out. Email any of the club’s committee members – details on the ‘The Committee‘ section on the menu – to find out more.
What to do
- Come along any Tuesday or Thursday (except the first Tuesday of the month)
- Come along a bit early (quarter to seven), ask for any member of the committee, our info can be found here. We will give you some info.
- Be ready to run. We’ll find you someone of a similar pace.
The membership year runs from April 1st to March 31st each year.
- Single Membership:- £22.00
- Couples Membership:- £36.00
- Family Membership:- £40.00
NB: Please note that the minimum age for joining the club is 18 years old.
UK Athletics Affiliation fees for the forthcoming season 01 Apr 18 to 31 Mar 19 will be £15. It is not compulsory to join the UK however there are numerous benefits given to each runner when the affiliate including:
- £2 saving on all race entries.
- 10% discount at the majority of sports shops.
The benefits of a club member affiliating can be found at the following link.