London Marathon – Club Ballot Draw Rules.
To qualify for a place in the GRR club ballot, undertaken each December, the following rules are to be adhered to:
- The club membership year runs from 1st April – 31st March each year. The Annual Membership subscription period for GRR is formally notified as 1st – 30th
- You MUST have joined or renewed your Annual Membership subscriptions to Gosport Road Runners with affiliation to England Athletics (UKAA) no later than 30th April each year in order to be eligible for the opportunity to enter the club ballot draw for a VLM running club place.
- You should; when requested submit your official VLM public ballot rejection letter or slip. The rejection letter or slip MUST depict your name. Please note the VLM magazine or a slip of paper with your name written on will not be accepted as confirmation of an unsuccessful VLM public ballot entry.
- Members, who have previously been successful at gaining entry to run the VLM through the club ballot draw (held each December), will not be permitted to reapply for a club ballot place until a period no less than 5 years has been served. (There remains no restriction to entry to the club draw if you have had a VLM public ballot place over that period).
If you gained a club running entry to VLM during the club ballot draw in December 2012, (running the marathon in April 2013); further applications would not be accepted until December 2017 for the marathon held in 2018.
Allocation of Club Ballot places:
Depending on the ‘Official Membership’ figures and the number of club running places allocated to us by VLM, the club will define the draw of runners versus places as follows:
|Number of Club Places||Details||Runner||*Reserve|
|ONE||All entries will go into the club draw and whichever gender is drawn out will have the Runner place.
The Reserve will be of the same gender.
|TWO||A Male and Female Runner place will be allocated with corresponding reserves.
|THREE & ODD PLACES||Places will be drawn as denoted above for ‘ONE’ and ‘TWO’ places|
|FOUR & EVEN PLACES||Places will be drawn as denoted above for ‘TWO’ places|
*Reserve will always be the same gender as the Runner drawn.
- Runners: Those successful in being allocated a club ballot VLM place, and subsequently find they are unable to participate in the event are only permitted to pass the club running place to the recorded Reserve.
- Runners: A runner who has been successful in gaining a GRR club allocated VLM place; but had to pass their place to the recorded Reserve may submit a further application to the upcoming club ballot (undertaken in December).
- Reserve: A reserve may continue to submit further applications into the club ballot as long as they have not been allocated and participated in the VLM on a club running place in the preceding 5 years. (There remains no restriction to entry to the club ballot draw if you have had VLM public ballot place over that period).
- Should both the GRR Runner and recorded Reserve be unable to participate in the VLM then the Club Secretary should be advised. The Secretary will order a redraw. The redraw will only consist of those names from the original pool of club ballot submissions; again this will also be of the same gender as those originally drawn.
The Committee reserves the right to review this scheme periodically and any changes that affect the membership will be notified accordingly.
VIRGIN LONDON MARATHON – REJECTION SLIPS
Did you receive a lovely magazine from Richard Branson with a picture of Ironman on it?? If so don’t despair there still may be a route for you into the London Marathon. Keep hold of your rejection slips, write your name on them and give them to Mick at the running club.
GRR are normally allotted a couple of club places (1 male and 1 female) in the VLM, the draw for theses places takes place after the winter handicap. All eligible runners who meet the qualifying criteria and have handed in their rejection slips will be placed in the hat for the draw.
The details will be posted here in the very near future.
CONTACTING THE COMMITTEE
If you want to contact any of the committee regarding any matter about your club then go to the committee webpage and send them an email.